Inside: Fun + Edgy Pineapple Tattoo Ideas For Summer.
It seems that fruit tattoos are taking the tattoo industry by storm these days! With so many to choose from, they make for great filler pieces. From avocados to pomegranates, fruit designs can be beautiful and unique on their own. One fruit tattoo that stands tall is the pineapple. Pineapple tattoos work well with just about every tattooing style–my favorite is American Traditional. This King of Fruits is fun, quirky, and eye catching as a tattoo. Not to mention chalk full of meaning.
With its unique shape and rich history, pineapple tattoos are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Check out our favorite pineapple tattoo ideas below! You’re sure to find one that fits your style.
What Does a Pineapple Tattoo Mean?
There are so many different meanings associated with a pineapple. Ancient Romans would carve them above their front door to symbolize welcome and hospitality. During Colonial times, pineapples were exotic and expensive so when parties were hosted and a pineapple served, guests knew they were valued and cared for by their host. American Southerners hold pineapples in the same esteem as the ancient Romans–they represent hospitality, generosity, and acceptance.
Pineapples also make for great buddy or couple tattoos as they represent friendship and commitment.
The pineapple also represents keen and deep friendship. The USA Network was really onto something when they hid a pineapple in every episode of their People’s Choice Award winning T.V. show Psych. For eight straight seasons, viewers could hunt alongside bromance buddies Shawn and Gus for the hidden pineapple each episode. I knew a girl who bonded with a prospective date over the quirky hidden pineapples. Eventually, she ended up getting the fruit tattooed in the American Traditional style after she and said date tied the knot! Ain’t that as sweet as–well, pineapple?
Over time, the pineapple has also become a symbol of fertility. Many women who are passionate about family and children will get a pineapple tattoo to symbolize their growing affection for the people around them. Plus, you gotta love how tough a pineapple is on the outside juxtaposed with how sweet it is on the inside. If that’s not rife with metaphor for a bomb tattoo, I don’t know what is. Because it’s a tropical fruit, it also makes for a great beachy themed tattoo.
How Much Would a Small Pineapple Tattoo Cost?
Regardless of how small your tattoo is, you’re looking at paying a shop minimum, which usually starts around $50. Keep in mind, however, that every artist is different! Most likely you’ll be paying around $250 for any tattoo covering three or so inches of skin.
Simple Pineapple Tattoo Designs
These pineapple tattoos may be simple, but they are still perfectly designed to be one-of-a-kind.
1. Outlined Pineapple Design
2. Simple Pineapple Tattoo with Sunglasses
3. Detailed Shaded Pineapple Idea
4. White Ink Tattoo Idea
5. Pineapple Foot Tattoo
Pineapple Skull Tattoos
Looking for something a little edgy but still fun? These skull pineapple fruit tattoos are the perfect combination.
6. Pineapple and Skull
7. Colorful Cartoon Pineapple Skull Design
8. Cool Skull Fruit Tattoo
9. Pineapple Cocktail Skull Head
10. Flower Eyed Pineapple Skull
Colorful Pineapple Tattoo Ideas
A colorful pineapple doesn’t just mean bright yellow–these ideas are full of rainbows, sparkles, and fun psychedelic colors!
11. Pineapple with a Heart
12. Colorful Watercolor Design
13. Pink Pineapple
14. Vibrant Fruit Tattoo Design
15. Geometric Tattoo Idea
16. Pink and Purple Pineapple
17. Pineapple Sunset Design
18. Cartoon Like Tattoo Design
Sweet Pineapple Tattoos
Sweet and tangy just like its real-life namesake, these pineapple tattoo ideas are colorful and fun creations. You’re sure to find just the right amount of inspiration in these ideas!
19. No Lines Pineapple Tattoo
20. Be Cool Pineapple with Sunglasses
21. Small Pineapple Tattoo Ideas
22. Little Fruit Finger Tattoo
23. Sketched Pineapple Idea
24. Mandala Pineapple Design
25. Realistic Black and White Pineapple Tattoo
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Bird Tattoos for Women– Symbolizing independence, peace, happiness, and freedom, bird tattoos are gorgeous and trendy. While bird tattoos have been around for a long time, they have been making a huge comeback in the tattoo world. Represent your journey in life with a brand new bird tattoo! Consider a swallow, bluebird, or a crow for your tattoo. You can express yourself, and everyone will love it.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
- Cute Animal Tattoos – Animal lovers often find their perfect tattoo in the symbolic expression of their favorite furry or feathered friend. These cute, inspiring, and sometimes ferocious tattoos are extremely common as people often link their own identities to these animals. Many of these tattoos are also inked in memory of favorite pets. Animals have several human-like quality and range in meanings across many different cultures. If you’re interested in learning more about what animal tattoo is right for you, keep reading to discover more symbolic meanings and cool ink designs.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets– Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – New tattoos are exciting, but you will experience itchiness and inflammation. To prevent irritation, to speed up your recovery time, and to extend the life and vibrancy of your new tattoo, we recommend using Bright Tattoo – Tattoo Aftercare Lotion. For the best results, you can use it daily to keep your skin moisturized, happy, and extend the time you need between ink touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Temporary watercolor tattoos are a really fun way to gain the experience of wearing a tattoo without the long-term commitment. The butterfly set of watercolor tattoos is a fan favorite. Have a look at our list of temporary watercolor butterflies set tattoos.
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Need to cover your new tattoo? Get this self grip wrap! It comes in several different colors and because it has a self grip there is no need for tape. It’s comfortable and can be used in other ways too. Check it out and get some ordered today!