Inside: Beautiful Peacock Tattoo Designs + Their Meaning
To attract mates and drive away predators, peacocks flaunt their multicolored tails in an effort to draw attention. This makes them a popular topic for ink. The colorful circles on the bird’s tail feathers, which resemble eyes, are the tattoo’s most dominant characteristic.
Despite the fact that male peacocks are the ones with the most magnificent talons, females are far more likely to get their hands on these tattoos.
The peacock tattoo designs are frequently as brilliant or even more vivid as the birds themselves, and they take a prominent spot on the body, begging to be seen by others. Peacock tattoos are popular among people of all ages.
Peacock Tattoo Meaning
The majority of people get peacock tattoos because they are stunning and striking, but the rich history behind them is incredibly meaningful, which can enhance your ink and give it even more significance.
To be the focal point of attention, or the major attraction, the peacock, to use a metaphor, must be placed front and center. Because of this, those who are known for being the “star of the show” are big fans of it.
Additionally, this bird is connected with having an open mind and a tolerant disposition. They are strong contenders for tattoo symbols to use when you want to reinforce the message that you respect and appreciate variety.
The Peacock’s Eyes
The rings that look like eyes on the peacock’s tail typically have their own narrative to tell. The ancient Greeks and Romans believed that Hera, the goddess of motherhood and the mythological creator of this peculiar bird, was associated with these birds. The eyes on their tails were meant to symbolize the eyes of the heavens looking down on everything that is supposed to represent life on earth.
Tattoos frequently feature an emphasis on the symbolism of the eye. You may give your body art a one-of-a-kind touch by getting a tattoo of a brilliant peacock feather with a real eye implanted in place of the eye spot. Talk about a cool look!
Peacock Tattoo Designs
Check out a couple of our top picks from the extensive range of designs we have compiled to fulfill all of your peacock tattoo fantasies.
1. Black Outlined Peacock Tattoo Idea
2. Ornate Peacock Design
3. Sketched Modern Tattoo Idea
4. Bold and Vibrant Peacock Art
5. Full Peacock Tattoo Idea
6. Whispy Peacock Feathers
7. Small Black and White Peacock
8. Mandala Inspired Peacock
9. Detailed Peacock Feathers
10. Peacock Chest Piece Tattoo
Cool Peacock Tattoo Ideas
You are going to fall in love with these peacock tattoo designs because they are crammed with insanely gorgeous colors and meticulous detail.
11. Shoulder Peacock Tattoo
12. Full Sleeve Peacock Design
13. Colorful Japanese Peacock Tattoo
14. Peacocks and Cherry Blossoms
15. Purple Peacock Design
16. Peacock Back Tattoo Idea
17. Neon Old School Tattoo Design
18. Full Back Design
19. Ornate Peacock Outline Tattoo
20. Bold and Vibrant Peacock Head
21. Matching Peacocks
Peacock Feather Tattoo Ideas
22. Soft Colorful Peacock Feather
23. Detailed Peacock Feather
24. Peacock Feather Arrow
25. Feathered Infinity Sign
26. Large Full Back Peacock Feather Design
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these colorful and detailed peacock tattoo designs, then check out a few more of our favorites.
- Meaningful Olive Branch Tattoo Ideas –The olive branch tattoo is one of those designs that brings with it attractiveness and a boatload of meaning. Most people know that “to offer an olive branch” means to stop an argument and to bring peace, but there’s even more to the olive branch tattoo than that. Take a look at this collection of beautiful, meaningful, and unique Olive Branch Tattoo Ideas and Designs.
- Pretty Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas – A popular subject in the tattoo world is the Hummingbird. It is a thing of beauty that has unique shapes and amazing abilities. Capturing those qualities in a tattoo can be really rewarding. Have a look at our list of the Prettiest Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas.
- Palm Tattoo Ideas – If you have a serious addiction to tattoos, you might be ready to opt for a palm tattoo. Palm tattoos are awesome and will make you look even more badass than you already do. Plus, if you can tough through the pain of a palm tattoo, you can pretty much tough through anything! Don’t let that scare you away, though. Don’t make any decisions until you have seen all of these palm tattoo designs.