Inside: Best Pi tattoo ideas that number people will love.
Before I start this, I need to admit something to you: I am not a number person. Ah, I know. I’m sorry. I really wish I was; I just am not. I won’t say that I don’t have it in me, but it has never interested me enough to really go for it. But one thing that I do understand is pi.
Did this number interest me because it has the same name as one of my favorite foods? Perhaps. But regardless, I am now a person who gets a kick out of the number 3.14.
If you are like me, or even more mathematically inclined, I think you clicked on the right article because today, I found the coolest Pi tattoo ideas that a number of people are going to go crazy for. You are going to prove every stereotype wrong with this. You’ll prove that number of people CAN be cool! Okay, jokes aside…let’s see these.
Table of Contents
Pi Tattoo Cost
Now, I hate to be the barrer of bad news, but the cost of a pi tattoo is not $3.14. Though that is an epic chance for a pun, that would just be too cheap. So you can expect your pi tattoo to cost anywhere from $50 Dollars for a tiny one to over $1000 If you are getting a huge one.
It all really depends on how long it takes your artist to finish it. The pi symbol is pretty cheap, but there are so many ways to spruce it up, so you really never know.
Do Pi Tattoos Hurt?
The answer to this is obviously yes. All tattoos hurt, it is in their DNA. In order to get a tattoo you have to be stabbed about a thousand times a second. So I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that it will be pretty painful.
The good news is that there are so many tips and tricks that you can do to make your experience better beforehand and during your appointment. My biggest tip is Numbing cream.
Now, if you haven’t heard of numbing cream, it basically does what it sounds like it does: It numbs you. You just put it on before and during your session, and you are golden.
If you are trying to decide on a place to get your tattoo, may I suggest somewhere that is not boney. The boney areas on the body hurt the most when getting a tattoo. Take my word for this, if you are scarred you should opt for an arm tattoo instead of a rib one.
What Is Pi?
Though I doubt anyone reading this doesn’t know what Pi is since you are looking for tattoo ideas based on it, I will still run a crash course to refresh your memory. According to this article,
Pi—which is written as the Greek letter for p, or π—is the ratio of the circumference of any circle to the diameter of that circle. Regardless of the circle’s size, this ratio will always equal pi. In decimal form, the value of pi is approximately 3.14. But pi is an irrational number, meaning that its decimal form neither ends (like 1/4 = 0.25) nor becomes repetitive (like 1/6 = 0.166666…). (To only 18 decimal places, pi is 3.141592653589793238.) Hence, it is useful to have shorthand for this ratio of circumference to diameter.
So there you have it, I hope this helped!
Pi Tattoo Ideas
The symbol for Pi is very interesting; it comes from greek origin. When someone gets a Pi tattoo, they will typically get the Pi symbol, seeing as the Pi number is so long. But there are many different ways to spice this simple Symbol up, and I wanted to show this to you today. So check this out.
1. Tiny Little Ankle Tattoo Idea – You can obviously keep it simple, I gave you a few ideas on shapes and sizes for your different Pi tattoos. At the end of the day it is up to you.
2. Large Simple Design In Black – If you want the classic design but you want to scale it up a little bigger, I think this is a wonderful example.
3. Geometric Mountain with Pi – When it comes to patterns, it doesn’t get much more spot on than if you use a geometric pattern with a Pi tattoo.
4. Small Pi Symbol Idea – It doesn’t have to be big in order to convey it’s message. Take a look at this awesome example.
5. Pi with Flowers – There are so many brilliant ways to make this Pi symbol your own. Take this person for example; they used flowers to make the symbol more feminine and pretty.
6. Pi with Cool Box – You can’t go wrong with a cool box. Take a look at this example and you will see what I mean.
7. Matching Pi Designs – If you and a friend have bonded over this magical number, then you must check out this adorable set of matching Pi tattoos!
8. Hummingbird Tattoo with Pi – I love hummingbirds, so this tattoo made me very happy. Check it out!
9. Pi = 3.14 Tattoo – I had to show you a tattoo example that included the crazy number, didn’t I? I think this one does the job.
10. Pi Sketch Tattoo – There are so many awesome and unique fonts that you can use. Check this one out.
11. Dark Black Pi Symbol – Yeah, you can make your sign dark jet black if you really want to stand out. Cool right?
Cool Pi Designs
Next up, I wanted to show you some super cool Pi designs that you can get. These are just the tip of the ice burg. I mean, it’s obviously your tattoo, but I want to remind you that you can recreate any one of these ideas and add your own personal touch.
12. Black Symbol with Blue Details
13. Pi in Deep Black
14. Pi Pie Tattoo Idea
15. Cute Tiny Tattoo
16. Pi Symbol with Plants
17. Pi and Fish Matching Tattoo
18. The Structure of Pi
19. Black Little Pi Symbol
20. Pi Ink on Ankle
21. Pi with Woven Flowers
Pi Tattoo Ideas for Number People
Lastly, I wanted to show you some classic Pi tattoo ideas that a number of people will love. You are doing great so far, but you are on your last stretch!
22. 3.14 Pie Idea
23. Classic Pi 3.14
24. Ombre Tattoo Idea
25. Blueberry Pi Idea
26. Pi with a Little Flower
27. Pi Symbol Filled with Pie
28. Pi with Watercolor Splatter
29. Pi Symbol with Black Outline
30. Pi Finger Tattoo
31. Abstract Pi Symbol
I hope you are as obsessed with this number as I am because this list made me so happy! If you weren’t, I would have to seriously question myself. The good news is that I now have enough inspiration to plan my own tattoo. So that is what I am going to do.
If you loved these tattoo ideas, I have plenty more where that came from. It’s kind of my thing at this point, finding cool tattoos, so I wanted to share more of my ideas with you. Otherwise, what is the point?
The best part about Pi is that it is always the same. You can always come back to it. That is the kind of loyalty and stability we all deserve.