Inside: Totally Unique Snowflake Tattoo Ideas.
Snowflake tattoos have a deeper meaning than most people are aware of. Snowflakes are individual (no two are ever alike) and their delicate beauty can only really be seen once you look closely at them, giving them a very special symbolism.
I love the idea of each snowflake having its own identity, and I feel like that rings true with your tattoo as well. Show your uniqueness and personality with your very own snowflake tattoo, find the perfect inspiration from these beautiful designs.
Snowflake Tattoo Meaning
Snowflakes can be decorative and make a great addition to other tattoos. With so many variations and designs out there, people can usually find a design that fits their style and personality.
- The primary symbol of the snowflake is uniqueness. When you look at the snow from a distance, it looks like a massive blanket. On closer inspection, though, you find that it’s made up of many entirely unique flakes. They all have different patterns and measurements. So, the snowflake can be a symbol of one’s individuality.
- Snowflakes are delicate and short-lived, and can, therefore, represent fragility and the fleeting nature of life.
- When we see snow falling from the sky, we are instantly reminded of the winter holidays. In modern times, the snowflake is a symbol of Christmas and Christ’s birth.
- There is something special about the way a snowflake descends from the heavens, making it a symbol of grace.
- Unlike rain, snow is a perfect example of quietness, as it makes no noise falling from the sky.
- Their shape makes them a prime example of divine beauty in nature.
- The snowflake can be a symbol of rebirth. Snow makes the earth look clean and fresh. This is why snowflakes can also be a symbol of purity. When it melts, it’s transformed into water, making it a suitable symbol for transformation and new beginnings.
There are so many different meanings, and just like every tattoo the significance of your tattoo is left up to YOUR interpretation.
Planning Your Design
Since the snowflake can be drawn small or large, it can be placed nearly anywhere you want. They are commonly designed with trail art, which gives the image the appearance of movement. The trail art makes the tattoo stand out. Since they are associated with winter, the sky, and beauty, they can be paired with stars, trees, birds, fairies, or even butterflies. They can make a great addition to an already-existing tattoo.
Unique Snowflake Tattoo Designs
1. Small Snowflake Tattoo Idea
2. Watercolored Snowflakes
3. Crystalized Snowflakes
4. Back of Neck Flake
5. Detailed Line Work
6. Wintery Snowflake Design
7. Large Snowflake
8. Unique Snowflake Tattoo
9. Find Detailed Snowflake Design
Colored Snowflake Tattoos
10. Blue Shaded Snowflake
11. Pink Ombre Snowflake Collection
12. White Snowflake Tattoo
13. Frozen Snowflake Tattoo Design
14. Rainbow Snowflake
15. Blue and Purple Snowflake Design
16. Bright White Snowflake
17. Frosty Blue Flake
18. Pink Snowflake Tattoo
Fun Snowflake Tattoo Ideas
19. Floral Inspired Snowflake
20. Flakes Flowing Up the Foot
21. Dainty Snowflake Behind the Ear
22. Super-Detailed Snowflake Tattoo Sleeve
23. Large Rib Snowflake
24. Middle of the Back Design
25. Tiny Top of Foot Flake
26. Snowflake Finger Tattoo
More Inspiration Ideas You’ll Love
- Rainbow Baby Tattoo Ideas – Conceived after a miscarriage or a stillbirth, rainbow babies are referred to as such because they’re a ray of colorful light at the end of a difficult and stormy period of loss. To celebrate these miracle babies — without forgetting the reason they are considered as such — and the joy they bring to their families, some moms take the plunge and get colorful designs inked into their skin.
- Eye Catching Aesthetic Tattoo Ideas – Aesthetic is concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty, and what better way to show off what you think is beautiful than some stunning tattoos. From ocean waves, soaring butterflies, to pretty flowers, and colorful designs these eye-catching aesthetic tattoo ideas are perfect for your next ink session. Some of our favorite tattooed areas for these are small but fun places like behind the ear, forearm, collarbone, or finger. You can create a beautiful story with these simple works of art, let us know in the comments your favorite.
- Watercolor Butterfly Tattoo Ideas – The ideas are endless when it comes to getting a tattoo. From quotes to sacred symbols, you can opt for anything that complements your personality. Various people go for bold patterns and even inked skulls on their body whereas many tattoo lovers prefer to get a permanent butterfly.