Inside: Best squid tattoo ideas that ocean lovers need
I went through a pretty big Marine Biologist phase when I was growing up. I feel like we all did. Now, as an adult, this has left me with such a curiosity for all things ocean and marine life-related. I have such respect and love for our oceans and the creatures that live in them. This leads me to my article today.
I have been on the hunt for the best squid tattoo ideas, and I found some seriously sensational ones. Not only are these biologically accurate, but they are unique and beautiful too. I think you are going to love them.
I will walk you through the most important questions that you may be wondering if this will be your first tattoo. Things like how bad it’ll hurt and how much it will cost will all be covered below.
Table of Contents
How Much Will A Squid Tattoo Cost?
This is a brilliant question; it’s just not one that I can give you a straight answer on. You see, squid tattoos can cost anywhere from $50 to $1000, depending on what tattoo you get. Most tattoo artists will charge you based on how long it takes them to do your tattoo. So with this said, you can expect your ink to cost more when it is larger and more time intensive.
If you have a budget in mind, let your tattoo artist know when you have your consultation. This way, they can work with you to get you the tattoo you want with the budget you have. You can also always save money for a few months before getting it done.
I also like to tell my friends that tipping your tattoo artist is a wonderful idea. You tip to show how grateful you are that they did a wonderful job on your tattoo design. This also helps to create a strong work relationship so that you can continue going back to them for tattoos in the future.
If you didn’t know, most tattoo artists have to rent their tattooing space from the shop they’re in. So this tip is greatly appreciated!
Will It Hurt?
I mainly get asked this question by tattoo newbies. I understand being super scared of how badly this tattoo is going to hurt. That’s the first thing you hear whenever anyone talks about tattoos is how badly they hurt. But I think I should mention to you that it is a very tolerable pain.
Depending on where you get it, it might not even hurt at all! I have had a few tattoos where I’m just shocked by how little they actually hurt. There are certain spots that you should avoid if you want to limit the amount of paying you experience. These areas include your ribs, your ankles, your spine, etc. Basically, the areas where you are bony.
You can also work with a numbing cream to help limit the amount of pain that you feel during your tattoo.
Squid Tattoo Ideas
Are you ready for this? I know I am! I went ahead and described this first list for you; that way, you could get an easier understanding of the different styles that you can choose from.
1. Epic Abstract Squid Design – Okay, so for this first Idea, I wanted to really show you how crazy you can get with your squid tattoo. You can go abstract like this person did.
2. Crazy Looking Squid – This squid is crazy looking in the best way. Sometimes the best thing you can do for your tattoo is go as unique as you can, that way you put as much personality into it as possible.
3. Simple and Cute Squid – I think that simple tattoos are super cute. This person used great linework to create a great squid tattoo that is easy on the eyes and pocket.
4. Traditional Squid Ink – If you were looking for more of a traditional squid tattoo then this is the one for you. It is probably one of the best on this whole list, so check it out.
5. Squid Playing Banjo Idea – If you are hoping for a funnier squid tattoo, you have plenty of options here. Check out this squid playing the banjo, he’s a master!
6. Abstract with Blue Squid Idea – I love the idea of a colorful squid. This person got theirs in blue. Too cute. What do you think? I think blue is perfect.
7. Black and White Squid Idea – Sometimes less color is more. Check out this awesome squid ink done in black and white. The details on this thing alone are insane.
8. Large Realistic Squid Idea – If you are an actual marine biologist, you may want your squid to be anatomically correct. So here is a great realistic squid!
9. Detailed Dark Tattoo – If you are in the market for more detailed dark tattoos, then this is the idea for you. Check it out and see what I mean.
10.Deep Sea Diver Suit Idea – I think this is an adorable take on a squid design. They use a classic deep sea diver suit for the squid to climb in. Love it!
Unique Squid Tattoo Ideas
If you are in the market for a unique squid tattoo, this is the list for you. Each of these ideas is unique in its own right. Whether it be from linework or concept, they each give something special, and you need to see them.
11. Simple Sea Creature Idea
12. Traditional Colorful Squid
13. Squid Outline Idea
14. The Kraken Idea
15. Watercolor Squid Idea
16. New School Tattoo Idea
17. Lined Detailed Squid
18. Abstract Squid with Dots
19. Mean-Looking Squid
20. Crazy Cool Squid Idea
Sensational Squid Tattoo Ideas
I saved the best for last because I am a good storyteller. This is one of my favorite lists that I have ever made. Check out the best squid designs that you will ever see. Good luck trying to pick just one for your tattoo.
21. Traditional Squid Wrapped Around Boat
22. Double Squid Idea
23. 3/4s Sleeve Idea
24. Colorful Leg Sleeve
25. Bright Traditional Tattoo
26. Black and White Squid
27. Deep Sea Squid
28. Squid House Idea
29. Squid Dagger Idea
30. Clean Looking Squid
31. Squid Heart Idea
I hope you enjoyed this list of the coolest squid tattoos. I know there were so many to choose from that it can be hard to widdle down your options to just one. The good news is that you don’t have to! You can get as many tattoos as you want.
Seeing these tattoos made me nostalgic for the days of my childhood when I would sit and read about squid for hours. I think I have to go put on a documentary now to get my fix. I have narrowed my options down to three different styles for my squid tattoo, I hope you did better than me; otherwise, you are going to end up with more than one.
If you enjoyed this animal tattoo idea list, why not check out some of my other ideas? There are so many to choose from, but I think you should start with this one.