Inside: 21 Wedding Band Tattoo Ideas You’ll Want to Get Instead Of A Ring.
If you’re someone who doesn’t like to wear jewelry, or someone who often loses their jewelry, a tattooed wedding band is more than a good idea. For men who work with their hands and a wedding ring is deemed a safety risk, getting that symbol of your loved one is a great and extremely feasible idea. Whatever your reasons for eschewing a traditional wedding band, these wedding band tattoos will inspire you!
There are plenty of ideas to choose from, including dates, initials, or even a tattooed band itself. Show your dedication and commitment to your partner with these sweet, unique wedding band tattoo ideas.
Table of Contents
Types of Wedding Ring Tattoos
Wedding Band Date Tattoos
What better place to start than your wedding date? A lot of people like to get their anniversary tattooed in roman numerals. Because they’re already fine-lined and straight, roman numerals fit perfectly on the top of the finger, the inside, or along the side of the ring finger. Keep in mind that no matter what you decide to tattoo, you’ll most likely have to get it touched up a few times over the years. The constant friction of hand movements will wear off the ink over time.
Wedding Band Word Tattoos
One of the more romantic wedding band tattoos is to get your spouse’s name or initials in fancy script. Intertwining monograms is also absolutely adorable–don’t be afraid to combine your name with partners! Tattoo artists will often place initial tattoos on top of the ring finger, on the palm side, or along the side of your finger, depending on how long the name is or how intricate the initials. You can easily incorporate romantic images like hearts, infinity symbols, or arrows in your wedding band tattoo.
Wedding Band Date Tattoo Ideas
1. Simple Date Tattoo
2. Roman Numeral Wedding Band Tattoos
3. Wedding Date on Top of Finger
4. Roman Numeral Date on Top of Finger
5. Tiny Date Wedding Band Design
6. Wedding Date on Side of Finger
Wedding Band Name Tattoo Ideas
7. Scripted Initial Finger Tattoo
8. Simple Initial on Palm
9. Initial on Inside of Finger
10. Large Letter on Finger Tattoo
11. Tattooed Named on Ring Finger
12. Fun Font Wedding Band Tattoo
Fun Wedding Band Tattoos
13. Simple Band Tattoos
14. Sweet Wedding Band Design
15. Arrow Wedding Band
16. Woodsy Ring Tattoo
17. Dotwork Finger Tattoo Idea
19. Matching Mr. + Mrs.
20. His + Hers White Ink Finger Tattoo
21. And Symbol
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Stunning Stretch Mark Tattoos – Both men and women can get stretchmarks. Whether it be from that intense growth spirt as a kid, a pregnancy, or weight gain and loss, stretch marks are caused by the skin being stretched and torn. Sometimes, the healing of that stretched skin can leave a lasting mark. Society certainly has something to say about these stripes, but with the right attitude, artist, and design, covering up stretch marks is very easy and very doable.
- Rainbow Baby Tattoos – Welcoming a baby to the world is an amazingly special event. It is even more emotional after a woman has previously had a miscarriage or stillbirth. Rainbow babies are those that are true blessings in the face of previous tragedies. Colorful designs help represent these bundles of joy that should be celebrated.
- Watercolor Butterfly Tattoo Ideas – Watercolor tattoo designs are filled with vibrant colors, thick and thin lines, and realistic artwork. Gaining traction over the years, watercolor tattoos are becoming more and more popular. Once you see them, you’ll understand why! These beautiful butterfly watercolor tattoos are stylish, unique, and creative. Many watercolor pieces are larger in size because it takes more space to properly shade and get it to look more realistic. Be sure to check out these lovely designs for your next watercolor butterfly tattoo.