Inside: Flirty + Fun Lips Tattoo Designs .
Lips, particularly female, are used often as an image to represent erogenous and intimate activity, especially when pictured in a color or pattern associated with passion. The lips will usually look lifelike as if someone has just kissed the owner of the lips tattoo wherever the tattoo is placed.
These tattoos will often be found on the neck, the shoulder, or the arm, but it is a tattoo design that can be placed anywhere on the body.
Check out our list of creative lips tattoo designs and ideas, that we know you’ll love.
Lips Tattoo Meaning
The image of lips can go beyond the sexual connections that are tied to the mouth, and serve as a representation of verbal discussion and communication. When depicted as closed lips, the image conveys a lack of communication or an inability. Someone who recognizes that they have problems communicating with others might get the lips tattoo to try to inspire themselves to be more open with others. The lips tattoo could also be for someone who prefers not to talk to others and gets the lips tattoo to make that message come across to those who approach them.
The image of lips can symbolize a relationship. The lips or lip print can be that of a wife, girlfriend or any other loved one to serve as a reminder of that connection. The lips serve as a romantic symbol portraying the bond between two people, so in some cases, both people in the relationship will get matching lips tattoos. Generally, this is an image of a non-platonic relationship, the symbol of lovers, but it’s not uncommon for friends (especially females) to get lips tattoos.
Kiss Lips Tattoo Designs
Red lips are usually meant to convey sex appeal and kissing especially when placed in an intimate area like on the hips, neck, abdomen, etc. This is particularly true when lips are rendered like a lipstick print mark, leaving the impression of a kiss. These can be very personal tattoos, so the owners might keep them hidden or they might be very open about their meanings.
1. Red Lips Tattoo Idea
2. Lips Tattoo on Hip Design
3. Outlined Lips on Back of Arm
4. Red Striped Lips
5. Sketched Unique Lips Tattoo
6. Kiss Lips Tattoo on Neck
A pair of lips tattooed on the neck could be a public display of your love and devotion for your partner.
An alternative method for a more private sentiment. Can be achieved by placing the tattoo over your left breast or pectoral muscle. Thus symbolizing, you giving your heart to them, or you holding them in your heart.
7. Kiss Lips Tattoo
Tattoo of Lips Ideas
You’ll love these tattoos of lips that can fit into any tattoo design and look beautiful anywhere on your body.
8. Lips Tattoo on Wrist
9. Kiss Me Tattoo Design
10. Lips and Pills Tattoo Art
11. Dotwork Fanged Lips
12. Black Lips Tattoo Art
13. Simple Woman Lips Tattoo
Lips with Skull Tattoo
Lips with Skull Tattoo Meaning
Few things in this world are deadlier than the perfect kiss. You know the kind that I’m talking about—the kind of kiss that makes you weak in the knees and clouds every ounce of judgment you have. The Kiss of Death. The people in the following gallery have tattooed themselves with some pretty deadly kisses, they must know exactly what we are talking about.
14. Skull on Lips Tattoo Idea
15. Red Lips with Black Skull
16. Black Lips with Skull Tattoo
Creative Lip Tattoos
Check out a few of our favorite creative lip tattoos that are perfect for your unique style.
17. Rainbow Lips Tattoo Art
18. Lips with Bullet Tattoo Idea
19. Detailed Lips with Fangs
20. Lips with Flowers Tattoo Idea
21. Colorful Lips with Piercings
22. Red Lips with Ocean View
23. Lips Tattoo on Wrist
By tattooing the lip design onto your wrist. You could state that you’d give your life for your partner.
24. Spooky lips design
25. Lips eating an animal
26. An entire art deco sleeve of color and lips
27. – 43. Other body art tattoos
44. – 70. Cosmetic tattoos for lips
71. Lips with hands
72. Lips with names
73. And the best shade of lipstick for a tattoo
PS. How much will getting a lip tattoo hurt?
More Tattoo Inspiration You’ll Love
If you like these lips tattoo designs then you might love these other fun tattoo inspirations. These meaningful and unique designs are the perfect body art that you will love.
- Inspiring Dream Catcher Tattoos – Some people like to stick to the original design, which has roots in Native American culture, with pieces that include feathers or beads. Still, others prefer to add various elements, giving their ink added importance. If you’re looking for inspiration for your latest tattoo, and want something that will demand attention but is also filled with meaning, look no further at these dreamy dream catcher tattoo ideas.
- Timeless Flower and Clock Tattoos – Clocks are fascinating objects, both visually and symbolically. A clock tattoo can be designed to incorporate a variety of symbolic and meaningful elements, and since there are many different types of clocks to choose from, it’s easy to create a unique and personal design. Clocks can be designed to look masculine, feminine, or neutral, so anyone can wear one. Check out a few of our favorite Flower and Clock Tattoo ideas that are everything beautiful and meaningful.
- Shooting Star Tattoos – A shooting star is often associated with a special moment in one’s life that left a lasting impression, whether that be a short romance, a special event, a person, a job, or anything else that may have changed one’s life. Shooting stars are also associated with being a dreamer or with someone who loves making wishes. These shooting star tattoos are full of big wishes and fun designs.
Tattoo Products You Should Try
Getting inked isn’t the only part of the tattoo process. Proper care is the most important part of any tattoo, these products are some of our favorites for aftercare. From soap, ointment, and even some protective wraps are a must-have with new ink.
- H2Ocean – Enriched with aloe vera, H2Ocean’s unscented liquid soap has no detectable odor. It isn’t going to dry out or damage your precious tattoo. It’s also gentle enough for use twice or thrice daily to keep your skin clean and promote faster tattoo healing. Some users say it’s so light that you don’t even need to rinse it off (it’s also antibacterial). But you may not be comfortable with this especially if your tattoo is still weeping.
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – If you’re looking for a product that will keep your tattoo protected, then these grip cover wraps are perfect. They come with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment – One of the most widely used tattoo aftercare treatments, and you’ll find a lot of artists quick to recommend the old stand-by. What makes Aquaphor the best lotion for tattoo aftercare is that it absorbs the skin’s natural moisture, which keeps the tattoo fresh and promotes healing. A semi-permeable layer is formed from the lotion, which allows moisture to be kept in and everything else to be kept out.