Inside: Baseball tattoo ideas that fans will love.
I think everyone has that one special sport that they are extra passionate about. It’s the sport you played or watched a lot as a kid, and now that you are an adult it has nestled itself into a little corner of your heart. For me…that sport is baseball.
It was the first sport that my Dad ever taught me to play, and the only one that I truly excelled in. It’s not that I wasn’t good at the others, I was just less interested. So now as an adult, I find myself watching every game I can.
Tattoos can be expressions of your greatest inner passions, so today I want to celebrate mine by sharing with you some of the coolest baseball tattoo ideas that deserve to be in the Hall of fame. But before I can just into the fun, there are a few important questions I need to answer.
Table of Contents
How Much Will This Cost?
This is a great question, but I cannot give you an actual answer. The truth is, a baseball tattoo can cost anywhere from $50- $5000 or more depending on what kind it is, how big you want it, and who is going to do it for you. I know tattoos can be spendy, but don’t let that scare you.
You are investing in your future when you buy a tattoo. This little piece of art is something that you are going to have for the rest of your life, of course, it should be expensive. Every other thing that you buy for that kind of money will break, or need to be replaced. This won’t!
Will It Hurt?
Yes, a baseball tattoo is going to hurt. I am guessing that you have already seen the video of someone getting tattooed in slow motion, so you know the process. You are literally being poked a thousand times a second by an ink-covered needle. It is going to hurt.
But there are certain precautions that you can take to help minimize whatever pain you are going to feel. My favorite ways are to invest in numbing cream and to choose a spot that is less painful than others.
Numbing cream can be applied to the area that will be worked on and…you guessed it, the cream will numb it. In terms of finding a spot that is less painful, you should check out this pain chart.
Baseball Tattoo Ideas
For this first list, I wanted to show you how many different paths can be taken when choosing a baseball tattoo. With the hundreds of styles and variations that you can pick, it can be hard to come to a decision. My advice is to pick the style that makes your heart the happiest.
I am going to talk you through the first list of ideas.
1. Traditional Baseball In Mit – Traditional style tattooing is one of my favorite ways to get tattoos done. You can tell it’s traditional when it has bold thick lines and bright solid colors.
2. Child Baseball Player– This would be the perfect tattoo for me since it reminds me of my dad bringing me onto the field when I was just a kid.
3. Rose Baseball Idea – I love this tattoo because it’s so unique! I think it’s a wonderful way to bring some feminine energy into a male dominated sport.
4. Knitted Ball Idea – I think this is another way to bring some feminine energy into this sport…this is so cute! This person got a baseball tattoo that’s made out of yarn!
5. Ginny #8 Ball – I think this tattoo will show you all of the ways that you can customize your baseball tattoo. This person put their name and their jersey number onto the baseball!
6. San Fransisco Giants Tattoo – Everyone knows the San Fransisco giants! If you clicked on this article looking for this team, then I think you are going to be happy when you see the example.
7. Boston Red Socks Idea – Here is another awesome baseball team. If you are a Boston red socks fan, I think you should check out this one.
8. Realistic Ball Idea – Sometimes I am still blown away by the kind of art that these tattoo artists can achieve with that tattoo machine. It’s truly insane! If you wanted a realistic ball, look at this one.
9. Baseball Field Idea – A baseball field is iconic in its own right. I made so many awesome memories on my local field, I think this would be a great tattoo for me,
10. Realistic Hand Idea – This is a beautiful portrait of someone throwing a baseball. It’s a close up of the hand(which looks insanely realistic) and they are throwing the ball. The base is covered in roses.
11. Classic Baseball Idea – And of course, I had to show you a classic baseball idea. I kind of want to keep my tattoo simple, so I may have to use this photo as a reference for my tattoo artist!
12. Simple Heart Baseball – How cute is this simple heart baseball? I love how sweet this tattoo is with its simple theme.
13. Interesting Baseball Idea – Here is an awesome tattoo of someone splashing through the ball. You can just feel their fluid motion. Okay, I am not sorry, I had to make that pun!
14. Fire Coated Ball – If you have ever made a home run, I think you know what this ball means. When you connect so hard, your baseball goes so fast that it catches FIRE! This doesn’t really happen, but sometimes I wished it did, if only for the dramatics.
Baseball Tattoo Ideas Worthy of the Hall of Fame
For this last list, I created an epic compilation of baseball tattoo ideas worthy of the hall of fame. This list is a little longer, so I will let you go through them yourself. Take your time!
15. Ultimate Home Run
16. Half Baseball
17. Baseball Team Idea
18. Realistic MLB Ball
19. Traditional Baseball Player
20. Unique Baseball Design
21. Lay Off the High Ones
22. Dark Shadowed Baseballs
23. Simple Lined Baseball Field
24. Baseball with Lilies
25. Team Ball Idea
26. Unique Skin Ball
27. Baseball Is Life
That’s right, baseball IS life! This sport will never stop being a comfort to me. I enjoy watching it, playing it, and rooting for it. It is because of this that I have made a call to my local tattoo parlor, and I’ll be getting one of these tattoos! Can you guess which one?
If you are passionate about a sport that isn’t baseball, perhaps you should check out some of my other sports-themed tattoo ideas. I have plenty of them!
I hope you loved these baseball tattoos and that they inspired you to get one for yourself. I think that meaningful tattoos are the best, because they make you the happiest when you look at them! My baseball tattoo is going to do that for me. Every time I see it, I will be reminded of my sweet childhood days spent playing ball with my dad.