Inside: Does Kylie Jenner Have Tattoos?
Kylie Jenner might not be the first celebrity you’d instantly think has tattoos but she actually has nine known tats now. Ever since being bitten by the tattoo bug following her first inking in 2015, the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star has grown her collection extensively.
The 21-year-old has now gotten inked at least nine times in her signature style: dainty, meaningful, and largely tucked away from prying eyes.
Kylie’s delicate markings are so small that you have probably missed them. Well, here’s the lowdown on all of Kylie’s ink.
How Many Tattoos Does Kylie Jenner Have?
Kylie Jenner has had at least 8 known tattoos:
- Heart on Upper Arm
- “Sanity” on Hip
- “Mary Jo” on Upper Arm
- “M” on Her Finger
- “La” on Ankle
- “before ˈsa-nə-tē” on her hip
Kylie Jenner Butterfly Tattoo
By June 2017, Kylie hadn’t learnt about the disadvantages of getting matching tattoos with your partner. This time it was with Travis Scott, who she started a relationship with in April 2017 after confirming their relationship at Coachella. Kylie has a tiny black butterfly on her right ankle and Travis has the same. The tattoos are thought to be a reference to Travis’ song ‘Butterfly Effect’ which is rumoured to be about Kylie.
Upper Arm Tattoos
Mary Jo: Kylie Jenner has her grandmother’s name “Mary Jo” tattooed on her arm just above her elbow. Like her other tattoos, it is done using only red ink, however this one is written in her grandfather’s handwriting.
Stormi: Kylie added another matching tattoo to her collection in May 2019 at Travis Scott’s birthday party. This time, Kylie had the name of her daughter Stormi inked by Jon Boy in black, capital letters. The tattoo is on the back of her right arm, just above her elbow. It matches that of her friend Anastasia Karanikolaou, who has the same tattoo on her left arm.
“La” Ankle Tattoo
Kylie Jenner has moved on from Tyga and she’s got the ink to prove it. The reality TV star inked a tiny “t” on her ankle in November 2016 after years of dating of the rapper, but only six months later the relationship and the tattoo had both been replaced.
While her relationship with Tyga was always rocky and on-and-off, it’s been smooth sailing with new beau Travis Scott. They got their own pair of matching tattoos, butterflies on their ankles, in May 2017.
At the same time, she covered up Tyga’s initial and transformed the “t” (?) into an “LA” (??) for her hometown of Los Angeles, California.
“m” Tattoo Meaning
Kylie and her friend Jordyn Woods went to artist Jon Boy in May 2016 for these matching pinkie finger tattoos. It is a handwritten lowercase letter “m” in red ink.
Kylie Jenner Heart Tattoo
Kylie Jenner’s first tattoo was a small red heart on the back of her upper left arm. She waited until she was 18 to get inked because her mom Kris Jenner wouldn’t approve otherwise — but she didn’t wait long! She debuted the new tattoo at her 18th birthday party in August 2015.
The outline of a heart is a matching friendship tattoo with a group of her closest gal-pals. They got inked together but each chose a different body part: Jordyn Woods got a heart behind her ear, Anastasia Karanikolaou aka “Stassiebaby” got a heart on her forearm along with her sister’s birth date, and Justine Skye got a heart with three dots on
Kylie’s Hip Tattoo
Kylie Jenner elaborated on her existing hip tattoo in July 2016. She added the word “before” to the left of the “sanity” tattoo which she got six months prior. “Sanity” is spelled out with the phonetic alphabet like in a dictionary, as “\ˈsa-nə-tē\,” while “before” is written normally.
Tattoos Inspired By Kylies Style
Here are a few tattoo ideas that were inspired by kylies tattoo style…
1. Small Butterflies on Hip
2. Red Ink “Always” Quote
3. Small Hip Text Tattoo
4. Little Red Letter Design
5. Dainty Inner Finger Tattoo
6. Tiny Black Heart
More Tattoo Ideas Even Kylie Would Love
If you liked these kylie tattoo ideas, then check out a few more designs and inspiration that we think fit her style.
- Meaningful Tattoo Quotes – Just like her “la”,”Mary Jo” and hip quote tattoo, these meaningful tattoo quotes are perfect body ink designs. Each person has his or her own favorite quotes. For some, they think of it as a memorable part of their lives or a lesson in life that they can learn from. Therefore, if you want to get a new tattoo on your body then be sure that it is exactly what you want. It’s quite amazing to have an inspiring quote that can inspire you every morning and day in your life.
- Zodiac Tattoos – Get to know yourself more and what makes you tick, by investing in your zodiac. For believers in the stars, zodiac signs can be used to help people understand how they’re feeling, who they’re compatible with, and how lucky their week is going to be. But, perhaps what people get most out of their astrological signs is the small personality validations that come with each.
- Small Heart Tattoos – Kylie herself loves sporting her heart tattoo, and there are many variations and each has a special meaning. The symbol could serve as a reminder of heartbreak and how far the individual has come, it could be used to commemorate a loved one after their untimely passing, or be a simple yet powerful expression of love and desire.
A Few Products You Should Try
Keeping your new ink looking fresh and hydrated is so important. Here are a few of our favorite products to keep your tattoo looking perfect.
- Aquaphor – One of our favorite aftercare products has to be Aquaphor. This is a great moisturizer to use to keep your tattoo looking fresh and healing properly. It is so important to make sure you are caring for your new body ink properly. Maintaining hydration in your skin helps your tattoo heal quickly and correctly. You want to try to avoid any scabbing or peeling if at all possible when it comes to the healing process.
- Aftercare Kit – If you’re looking for an entire aftercare kit, this is one of our favorites. There is everything that you need for tattoo care is in this kit from soaps to lotions and balms. If you use this kit regularly then you are guaranteed to get the outcome that you were looking for.