Inside: Rosemary Tattoo Ideas + Meanings.
Herbal Tattoos are on the rise and it’s no secret as to why. Herbs play such a large role in our day-to-day lives as humans, whether it be from the food we cook to natural medicines we use when we feel ill. Herbs are everywhere! So getting an herb tattooed on you is a wonderful way to honor the role it has played in your life.
More than this, each herb holds its own symbolism and meaning, which adds depth and inspiration to your tattoo.
Though there are many herbs to choose from, today we are going to focus on Rosemary!
Rosemary is an evergreen plant that is a part of the mint family (which makes sense because of its pungently strong smell). It was native to the Mediterranean region and is now widely spread throughout the world.
Rosemary is a wonderful herb with many medicinal properties that is used in many everyday dishes, from roast chicken to many rice dishes.
This natural plant aids in headaches, stomachaches, mental & physical fatigue, and even improve your memory! She really packs a punch. And these are just the physical things it brings to the table.
Next, let’s get into the metaphorical!
Rosemary Tattoo Meaning
If you’re like me and enjoy learning the symbolism behind our favorite herbs and flowers, then you’ll love this. In many cultures, rosemary is the symbol of love and remembrance! It does more than help improves our memory, it connects us to our loved ones! For a long period of time, rosemary was placed outside of tombs or on coffins during burials. This tradition was held by many cultures for many centuries because it was believed to help connect families to the loved ones that have passed on.
Rosemary is actually a part of many different traditions. For example, it’s common to give a sprig of rosemary to newlyweds to help inspire them to faithfulness and to bring their relationship luck.
The name rosemary comes from the term “dew of the sea”, this is because of the fact that because of its natural habitat, this plant would be watered and sprinkled by the waves of the Mediterranean ocean.
Rosemary Tattoo Cost
The cost of a rosemary tattoo will vary depending on many factors, such as size, placement, color, and your tattoo artist’s rate. So make sure to check with them about this so you can get a better understanding of what your specific tattoo will cost.
This herb truly has many benefits and uses, as well as many beautiful symbols. This makes it a wonderful subject for a tattoo! So, if you’re someone who connected with the helpfulness of it, or the symbolic meanings it holds, or perhaps both…then this herb is the perfect one for you to get tattooed! Not to mention its aesthetically pleasing.
It looks great in black and white or colored. It’s really up to you!
Since there are so many ways and styles one can get the rosemary sprig tattooed on them, you may need some help figuring out where to start. Well, that’s what I’m here for! I went ahead and compiled a list of 27 of the coolest rosemary tattoos the internet has to offer. So take a look below to get a good idea of your style and what you’re looking for in your own rosemary tattoo!
1. Rosemary and Herb Bundle
2. Rosemary Head Tattoo
3. Rosemary & Poppy
4. Rosemary in Color
5. Simple Rosemary Outline
6. Realistic Rosemary
7. Simple Rosemary Arm Tattoo
8. Rosemary Horn Bundle
9. Lavender & Rosemary
10. Dainty Rosemary
11. Rosemary Sprig with Bee
12. Rosemary on Collar Bones
13. Matching Rosemaries
14. Realistic Rosemary in Black & White
Rosemary Sprig Tattoos
15. Rosemary Behind the Ear
16. Blue Rosemary
17. Rosemary with Pink Flower
18. Sprig on Ribs
19. Simple Little Green Sprig
20. Single Rosemary
21. Rosemary Bundle
22. Mystical Rosemary
23. Black & White Chest Tattoo
24. Big Rosemary over Shoulder
25. Drying Rosemary
26. Rosemary in Color
27. Classic Rosemary
And there you have it! 27 awesome rosemary tattoo designs. I hope this list helped you get a better understanding of what you may be looking for in your own rosemary tattoo.
Will it be black or white, with dainty lines or thick? New School or Old School?
So many questions but my wish is that I’ve at least helped steer you in the direction of what you’re looking for. Now get on that phone and make your tattoo appointment!
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- 57+ Honeysuckle Flower Tattoo Designs With Minimalist Meaning – Did you know that Honeysuckles have the magic to make you dream of the one you truly love? According to Victorian hear-says, sleeping with this flower under your pillow will do just the trick! You’ll never know unless you try or better yet, it might just become a reality! The Honeysuckle flower is known for its amazing fragrance that is sweet and flowery. These flowers attract bees and hummingbirds wherever they are with their sweet nectar. These sweet flowers are filled with bright, happy, and sweet meanings, check out a few of our favorite ideas and inspiration. With more than 180 different species of honeysuckle plants, there are just as many potential interpretations for these flowers when used as tattoos, too. Honeysuckle tattoos are usually chosen to symbolize undying love and passion
- Snowdrop Flower Tattoos – Charming and elegant, the snowdrop flower is a meaningful flower to get tattooed. They are a symbol of purity and hope for the future. These dainty flowers have a very feminine look and style to them. Not only do they look pretty when color is added, but they also look good in black. Take a peek at these gorgeous blooms and consider getting a snowdrop flower tattoo!
- Coral Reef Tattoo Ideas – Coral reef tattoos link art with ocean conservation and environmentalism. Because our oceans are heating up, many coral reefs are dieing or have become merely a memory. The dying coral reefs indicate the state of our oceans and the state of the world. Reef ink is symbolic of love and compassion for sea life. They reflect depth of character in their depth of artwork. These tattoos are great for divers, beach dwellers, and anyone with a heart for the world’s oceans.