Inside: Coolest shoe tattoo ideas for shoe lovers of all kinds.
Everyone loves shoes. Even if you don’t think you do, you do. How do I know? Take your shoes off and walk across a floor full of legos; I bet you are appreciating your shoes more now!
Some people in this World have a love for shoes that is deeper than most. These are what I like to call the shoe lovers! They come in all shapes and sizes, each having their own unique preference for their own shoes. As funny as this sounds, everybody has hobbies. Some people like to draw, others enjoy collecting stamps, and some of us just love shoes!
One of my favorite things about being human is how I express love for things I appreciate. Naturally, when there is something that I truly enjoy, I get a tattoo of it! So today, I have gathered a list of the coolest shoe tattoo ideas that you need to see! But before we get into that, let’s go over some of the important general tattoo knowledge that you need to know.
Table of Contents
Will a Shoe Tattoo Hurt?
I mainly get asked this type of question by people who are new to the tattooing world so if that is you, welcome! I know that the pain can be the scariest part of getting a tattoo. It’s the reason why most people stay clear of them. But I promise you, the pain is doable. The amount of pain you feel will be dependent on a few things.
Things like your personal pain threshold, where you get the tattoo, and how detailed it is all come together to create your experience. There are certain places on your body that hurt less, those places being the areas where there aren’t any bones near the surface. Places like your arms, your thighs, things like that. So go for those areas if you are still worried.
If you do want to get a tattoo on a painful place, I recommend getting some numbing cream. This stuff is my go-to for my super painful tattoos. I got a chest piece a while ago, and I went in without any; let me tell you, I regretted that.
How Much Will It Cost?
This question would do better when directed at the artist who will be doing your tattoo. I can’t tell you the exact amount because I don’t know which tattoo you are getting. Will it be big or small? Simple or detailed? These things play a big role in how much you pay. Different shops charge different prices as well.
So sit down with your artist and show them what you want, and ask how much it will be. Remember that you should always tip your tattoo artist when you are done. It is a great way to show that you appreciate their work and establish a good relationship for the future.
Keep this in mind: The smaller the tattoo, the smaller the hole in your pocket. Now that we have all that covered, let’s jump into the ideas, shall we?
Shoe Tattoo Ideas
First up, I wanted to walk you through the different kinds of styles there are for shoe tattoos. So in this list, I have compiled a good mixture for you to work from. This is a great jumping-off point for you to learn your ink style and what you want to look for going forwards. Let’s get into it!
1. Black and White Shoes – These shoes use a simple outline to create an adorable look. They included two boots with mismatch socks, I love it.
2. Colorful Classic Shoes Idea – You can never go wrong with color! This tattoo features some classic shoes in bold colors that will look great on you for years. So if you were hoping for a colorful tattoo, this is it.
3. Cool Van Idea – Everyone has heard of the shoe brand vans. So, it should not be to anyone surprised that this person got a van tattoo! Honestly, they are very aesthetic and super cute. I might even get one myself. Take a look!
4. Random Fig Shoe Ideas – included this example to show you just how wild you can get with your own tattoo. In this photo, you will find a hyper-realistic low for a tattoo with a bunch of sliced figs. Honestly, it looks great, no complaints here!
5. Two Pairs of Shoes Idea – This one shows you how you can make shoes symbolize something in your life. This is in the style of a polaroid photo with 2 pairs of shoes. I love this.
6. Hyper-Realistic Shoe Idea – If you wanted your shoes to look like they were glued on from a catalog, this is the tattoo for you. It’s hyper-realistic and super cool. These tattoos take longer than expected, though.
7. High Top Nike Shoes – Did you think I could make this list without including Nike in some form or another? Take a look at how cool this Nike high top looks in tattoo form.
8. Traditional Dr. Marten Idea – Personally, if there are ever any shoes that I am obsessed with, it has to be Dr. Martens. I have so many pairs I cannot keep count. I love them to bits.
9. Simple Little Boot – If you are looking for a simple boot tattoo, then why not go for something like this? It’s adorable and super easy on the eyes. I think this is a win for sure.
10. High Healed Shoe – If you are in the market for a high-healed shoe, then I am 100% sure you need to look at this idea. I love the simple and small shoe with dainty linework.
11. Shoes Tied Around Log – Tying sneakers together by the laces has been around since sneakers were invented. This tattoo has a vintage feel that I think you will enjoy.
Shoe Designs You’ll Love
Next up, I have some more designs that I think you will love. Since you have a good feel for what you are looking for now, just spend some time looking through these ideas.
12. Matching Shoe Ide
13. Realistic Shoe with High Top
14. Red Nike Shoe with High Top
15. Nikes Hanging By Their Laces
16. Classic Tiny Shoe Idea
17. Unique Styled Tattoo Idea
18. Healed Star Boot Ide
19. Adidas Idea in Black and White
20. Simple Cowboy Boot Idea
21. Cinderella Shoe Idea
Coolest Shoe Tattoo Ideas
I saved the best for last. Take a look at this list of the coolest shoe tattoo ideas that you will ever see. If you haven’t made a decision on a style yet, this list will get you.
22. Sneakers with Wings Idea
23. Realistic Sneakers with Crow
24. Converse Tattoo Idea
25. Classic Airmax Shoe
26. Healed Ankle Boots
27. Abstract Shoes
28. Blue Converse Sneaker
29. High Top Vans Idea
30. Cute Legs in Shoes
31. Nike Sneaker Idea
So, do you know what pair you are going to get yet? I do! I think I will get a pair of Mary Jane Dr. Martins. They are aesthetic and so cute.
I hope you loved this list of the coolest shoe tattoo ideas. I know there was a lot to choose from, but you really cannot go wrong when you look at your options. If you loved these ideas, why not get some more inspiration for future tattoos? Take a look at some of our other ideas here.