Inside: Freaky + Cool Frankenstein Tattoo Ideas.
Let’s get this out of the way at the start—we know the green guy screaming about fire being bad as the townspeople chase him with torches is technical “Frankenstein’s Monster,” but let’s be honest, we all call him Frankenstein.
When I say Frankenstein you don’t think about the doctor, you think about the dude with the bolts in his neck. So when we say Frankenstein Tattoos, that’s who we’re talking about.
Frankenstein ink brings old-school horror to modern audiences with startling depth and tongue-in-cheek horror. This unflinching monster is sometimes accented by gloomy laboratory settings. The electrical currents that brought him to life are often a mainstay in Frankenstein tattoos, and such zapping impulses can be downright strapping.
His zombified flesh is frequently depicted in a swampy green tone, and the notches in his neck provide a facet for instant identification. This demented undead legend is creeping his way back to the top of popular culture, so there has never been a better time to flaunt his gloriously frightening likeness.
Many tattooed people could relate to Frankenstein’s monster as we struggle to fit in with society. When we are judged for embracing methods of self-expression, people fail to recognize that our appearance is in no way an accurate reflection of our character.
Why do people get Frankenstein tattoos?
Frankenstein Tattoo Ideas
Let’s start with a cool collection of Frankenstein tattoo ideas. This collection of colorful, detailed, and unique designs are perfect for someone looking for an out-of-the-box tattoo design.
1. Portraits of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo
2. Neon Colored Frankenstein Design
3. Light Blue Colored Frankenstein Idea
4. Skeleton Frankenstein
5. Split Face Frankenstein Design
6. Unique Frankensteins Monster Tattoo Art
7. Green Cartoon Like Side Profile of Monster Tattoo
Traditional Frankenstein Tattoo Designs
If you’re looking for a more traditional and classic Frankensteins monster design then these ideas are perfect for you. Find some great inspiration
8. Frankenstein’s Monster Tattoo
9. Vibrant Colored Frankenstein Art
10. Sketched Frankenstein Design
11. Linework Tattoo Idea
12. Black Shaded Frankenstein Idea
13. Splatter Art Frankenstein
14. Shaded Detail Frankenstein Arm Ink
15. Frankenstein Portrait with Scary Mansion Scene
16. Cool Monster Tattoo Idea
17. Framed Frankenstein Portrait
18. Modern and Colorful Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein Idea
19. Cartoon Inspired Frankenstein Art
Frankenstein Stitches Tattoo Ideas
20. Frankenstein Stitch Design
21. Shoulder Stitches Tattoo Idea
22. Stitches on Wrist Tattoo
23. Frankenstein Quote with Stitches
Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo Designs
24. Heart with Frankenstein and His Bride
25. Detailed Portrait of the Bride of Frankenstein
26. Black and White Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo Idea
27. Bride of Frankenstein Thumb Tattoo
28. Perfect Scene with Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein
29. Black Outlined Bride of Frankenstein Idea
30. Black and White Side Portrait
31. Vibrant Colored Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo Idea
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these Frankenstein tattoo ideas and want to see more spooky, creative, and unique tattoo designs then check out these other cool posts!
- Ghost Tattoo Ideas – These ghost tattoos are the perfect combination of spooky and fun, their charming designs are perfect for any Halloween or spooky lover out there. Cute ghost tattoos are going to make sure you and all people around you like your tattoo! Tattoos like this one are super easy to do and can be combined with other tattoos as well. You can start off with a small tattoo and build it up over time!
- Cool Halloween Tattoo Ideas – There are so many ways to pay homage to your favorite Halloween traditions. From dark and gloomy to bright and sparkly, these ideas are endless. We have put together the ultimate list of Halloween-inspired tattoo designs that you will love to pull spooky inspiration from.
- Shooting Star Tattoos – It’s considered lucky if you see a shooting star in real life. A tattooed version might represent the attraction of good fortune to the wearer. Seeing a shooting star represents the opportunity to make a wish and with the shooting star tattoo designed on your body you can have that extra good luck with you wherever you go.
- Elbow Tattoos – If you’re looking for the perfect unique tattoo, then these elbow designs are perfect for you. The perfect way to bring that uniqueness to your body art is by trying out elbow tattoos. Elbow tattoos are not that common, but because of the unique tattoo location, the elbow tattoo trend has started to grow. Just like how every tattoo has a deep meaning, so do elbow tattoos.
A Few Products You Should Try
Now that you have your fresh new tattoo, you need to make sure you are practicing proper aftercare. Here are a few of our favorite products and ways to make sure you are taking care of your tattoo.
- Bright Aftercare Lotion – This product is one of our favorite aftercare lotions. It helps soothe your skin and promote the healthy healing of your new ink. Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly.
- Aquaphor – We always recommend using Aquaphor for the first two to three days of healing. It delivers the right amount of moisturization without feeling heavy or suffocating. It also minimizes peeling and flaking. Just make sure you don’t over-medicate the tattoo by applying too much ointment because it could clog the pores and create a rash that would definitely disturb the healing process.
- Dial Antibacterial Liquid Soap – I suggest using Dial or any unscented antibacterial liquid when cleaning up your freshly done body art. Refrain from using any type of cloth to cleanse the tattoo because it will exfoliate the area—which, remember, is a wound. And remember to rinse with warm-to-mild temperature water and pat the area dry with a towel. You can read more about how to take care of your new tattoo, here.