Inside: Freaky + Cool Frankenstein Tattoo Ideas.
Dr. Frankenstein and his monster have been haunting our television screens and the streets of Halloween since 1818. When Mary Shelley sat down to put her monster on paper, we doubt she could have envisioned just how influential her creations would be to pop culture as we know it. If we’re being true to the literary masterpiece that has inspired dozens of spin-off characters and even more tattoo designs, Frankenstein is the doctor, not the monster.
Yet Frankenstein’s monster has long been shortened to just “Frankenstein”, and is the inspiration behind so many freaky and cool tattoo ideas the world over. He, much like Beetlejuice, is quite larger than life for a tattoo design.
When we think of Frankenstein, we often picture ghoulishly green skin, rusted bolts sticking out his neck, and electricity zapping all along his misshapen skull. Many of these elements are essential to creating the perfect Frankenstein tattoo. If you’re a fan of horror, Frankenstein is the perfect tattoo to represent both the hideous and humane, the gentle and the grotesque, veritable staples in the genre.
Both Dr. Frankenstein and his monster perfectly capture the dueling faces of the human condition, and make for pretty great artistic expression.
Why do people get Frankenstein tattoos?
While society is certainly more accepting of alternative methods of self-expression like tattoos, heavily inked individuals can still feel ostracized or judged for their physical appearance. Just as the towering, malformed monster of Mary Shelley’s nightmares could not find his place in the world, so too can many tattooed people. This sense of nonconformity makes Frankenstein the perfect figurehead for that age-old adage of “what a weirdo.”
If you’re the kind of weirdo who loves horror and tattoos, a Frankenstein piece is the perfect fit for you.
Frankenstein Tattoo Ideas
Let’s start with a cool collection of Frankenstein tattoo ideas. This collection of colorful, detailed, and unique designs are perfect for someone looking for an out-of-the-box tattoo design.
1. Portraits of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo
2. Neon Colored Frankenstein Design
3. Light Blue Colored Frankenstein Idea
4. Skeleton Frankenstein
5. Split Face Frankenstein Design
6. Unique Frankensteins Monster Tattoo Art
7. Green Cartoon Like Side Profile of Monster Tattoo
Traditional Frankenstein Tattoo Designs
If you’re looking for a more traditional and classic Frankenstein’s monster design, then these ideas are perfect for you. Find some great inspiration!
8. Frankenstein’s Monster Tattoo
9. Vibrant Colored Frankenstein Art
10. Sketched Frankenstein Design
11. Linework Tattoo Idea
12. Black Shaded Frankenstein Idea
13. Splatter Art Frankenstein
14. Shaded Detail Frankenstein Arm Ink
15. Frankenstein Portrait with Scary Mansion Scene
16. Cool Monster Tattoo Idea
17. Framed Frankenstein Portrait
18. Modern and Colorful Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein Idea
19. Cartoon Inspired Frankenstein Art
Frankenstein Stitches Tattoo Ideas
20. Frankenstein Stitch Design
21. Shoulder Stitches Tattoo Idea
22. Stitches on Wrist Tattoo
23. Frankenstein Quote with Stitches
Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo Designs
24. Heart with Frankenstein and His Bride
25. Detailed Portrait of the Bride of Frankenstein
26. Black and White Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo Idea
27. Bride of Frankenstein Thumb Tattoo
28. Perfect Scene with Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein
29. Black Outlined Bride of Frankenstein Idea
30. Black and White Side Portrait
31. Vibrant Colored Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo Idea
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these Frankenstein tattoo ideas and want to see more spooky, creative, and unique tattoo designs then check out these other cool posts!
- Ghost Tattoo Ideas – If you’re a big fan of spooky season, these ghost tattoos are sure to impress! From tiny filler tats to statement pieces, these adorable ghost tattoos combine whimsy and horror in a totally approachable way. Not all tattoos need to be taken so seriously–tattoos like these are great conversation starters!
- Cool Halloween Tattoo Ideas – Get ready for the ultimate list of awesome Halloween tattoo faves! From ghoulish and dark to friendly and cute, these tattoos range in an abundance of color and personality.
- Shooting Star Tattoos – Remember the last time you wished upon a shooting star? Chances are, the answer to that is yes. Shooting stars are the symbol of hope and romance, which is ever needed in the world we live in today. Some may also feel that shooting stars fill them with childlike wonder. Regardless of your experience with them, I’d bet that the idea of a shooting star makes you happy. I get it! These beautiful shooting star tattoos will leave you hopeful!
- Elbow Tattoos – Hunting for a cool and unique elbow tattoo design? These tattoo ideas are awesome and are sure to turn some heads. The elbow can be a more painful location. It’s a good idea to pick a tattoo design that you think is sick, so it makes the extra pain worth it! All of these elbow tattoos are really amazing works of art. Be sure to check them out!